Friday, June 11, 2010

Florida

Yesterday, Kristine and I headed out of NAC at around 5:15 a.m. Kristine is my cousin's wife's sister. We are the same age and in the same kind of circumstances: hard-working, single women!
So we both had some vaca time and decided to get out of TX!
Yesterday we traveled 9 hrs to Navarre, FL---only stopping once for gas in Hammond LA. The trip was filled with girl talk, family talk, music and a few yawns. But we arrived at our hotel at around 2:15! Woo-Hoo!
We ate lunch in our room. Then went and found the beach---BEAUTIFUL. No oil at this point! PHEW! After sitting out there for about 30 minutes taking pics, we headed back to the hotel. I went to the pool and laid out for an hour...partly napping!
Around 5 I came in, posted pics, and took a shower. We got ready and went to eat at the East Bay Crab House...ummm...little over priced for the atmosphere of a small town cafe and the food was not the best. But it was food!
After dinner we went to TC's Front Porch for karaoke and a drink (for me!) It was fun...stayed there for about an hr and sang along with the "star singers". After our fill of off key country, we headed back to the hotel.
I tried to plan our day for today (Friday)...not sure how well I did.
This morning I woke up at 7:45, got dressed and went and worked out in the Fitness Center. I did the elliptical for 3o minutes...2.06 miles--WooHoo! Then I headed over to the "Hot Breakfast". Had a southwest omelet and cranberry juice and a bottle of water!
Today the plan is to go to the Butterfly House, souvenir shop, and the beach! Then we are going to try and find a nicer place for dinner. We will see how that turns out as well.
Enjoy your day...I know I will enjoy mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment