Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Time is Here!

Well good afternoon people! This is the first full week of my summer vacation....woo-hoo! I am planning a summer full of rest and relaxation! So far this week has included: working-out @ 8a.m. with Ruby, eating, and laying out by the pool! How amazing is that? I think it is a great start to my summer break. It has only been a week, not even, and I am already a shade darker! Oh...I wish somebody would have told me you are supposed to by your swimsuits in January...When you go in June...there is nothing left! But REALLY? Who is looking to get their white, lumpy behinds into a swimsuit in January...No one!

Next week I will be traveling with my "cousin-in-law" to Navarre Beach in Florida. Kristine and I realize there may be oil on the beach in FL thanks to BP, but as Kristine so cleverly pointed out, ". . .there will be no oil in the pool!" So will be heading down to FL next Wednesday and returning home next Sunday. The main point of the whole vacation is to get out of Texas. . .just get away! I will do my best to write while I am there.

OH! ! ! June 30th at 12:20 a.m. Tammy, Michelle, and I will be watching the 3rd movie in the Twilight saga, Eclipse, at the IMAX in Houston! I am soooo totally pumped and ready to go. We will start the evening off at 6 p.m. watching Twilight and New Moon back to back. Then we will get to see the showing of Eclipse at midnight in the IMAX theatre! ! ! Yay-ya! I know what you are thinking..."Really? 3 grown women going to see that movie, all the in Houston?" That's right baby...eat your heart out!

Today was supposed to be a day of fun in the sun with Michelle, Ruby and her son, but NOOOO, the rain decided to come today.... I know that we need the rain and all, but REALLY? my first week of vacation? Really? But is was a good morning....good workout up at SFA with Ruby. I make things up as we go throughout our workout, but today was good...bear crawls, lunges, squats, running, jogging, sprinting, walking, bunny hops, back pedaling, karaoke--45 minute workout. Phew! Just glad it is over! The sun was out at 8 a.m., but it is far from being out at 12:20 p.m.

This summer I am going to try and be productive: keep working out, write more on my story, write more poems, lay out, read, fold and pack clothes for Africa, get a good tan, get my balcony decked out looking cool, get ready for school next year, and just chill. Sounds like a productive summer, lets see if it happens.

I am sitting on the balcony watching it rain, enjoying the coolness this rain shower is bringing. Lawli sits in her chair and I in mine, soaking up the relief from the East Texas summer. The rain keeps chasing me in and outside. It is peaceful, even though this is not what I had planned today. The sun keeps peaking through the clouds, making me think that the rain is over and gone, but it goes right back behind those clouds...tease! I am crushed that there is no sun, but I am totally stoked that school is OVER! ! !
I hope everyone enjoys this rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment