Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Football & Family

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!
I put a new air freshener in my car...Pumpkin and Cinnamon! Smells like Autumn. This morning I knew it was going to be a good day when I got in my car! Smelled so good.
I also love this time of year because of course it is football season all over the US, but especially in the Farrell family. I have 3 guy cousins and they are all football coaches. I love that we plan family gatherings around football games. We take rode trips for football and family.
I was talking to some coach friends of mine tonight about Cody, Clayton, and Clinton. Talked about us at games and practices together. SO much fun and such great memories.
I was blessed in the fact that I was able to travel with the team and was able to see them play/coach in college.
I remember:
~giving the twins a gallon of water for 2-a-days and the guys picked on Clinton because they thought it was from Jenna...cause I put hearts and notes on it.
~Clayton practicing his run out 'routine'.
~dancing with Cody in the equipment room.
~washing TONS of football clothes and uniforms
~watching game film with Gary Gaines
~tutoring the guys in English and History
~Clinton & Clayton going up against each other in OL/DL one on ones
~pitching to the punters
~sleeping on the equipment boxes to make sure the stains got of the white jerseys
~turning 8 of the starters white jerseys lavender
~sitting in the hall with Omar on away games
~giving my 4 boyz Gatorade every Friday
~times on the side line:wiping faces, fixing helmets, and shoulder pads
~running to Wal-Mart during the game for more batteries for the headsets
~becoming friends with Danieal Manning
~shaking carpet freshener in the locker room
~bleaching out the showers
~spraying shoulder pads with frebreeze
~preparing for recruiting weekends
~driving the Bronco so the coaches could use my car to go on recruiting trips
~making my class schedule around football practice
~learning how to deep snap with Clinton
~trying to tackle Clayton
~drinking chocolate milk and watching the Friday night highlights with the family
~watching Amanda play volleyball!
~drying footballs under the clothes dryer
~giving embarrassed guys their socks and jocks
The list of memories could go on and on!
Let the road trips begin! I love being able to watch Danieal, Johnny, and Scott on TV...represent Wildcats! I have my ESPN app on my iPhone...keeps me updated and on track!
I love this time of year. It is truly my happy place!!! I love yelling at the TV. I love talking football. I love the game. Now I don't know everything there is to know. But there is just something about this time of year! The crisp air, the changing of the leaves, friends/family, food, and football.
What could be better in life than Football and Family!
To my 3 Coach Farrell's---Good Luck!
Go Wildcats! ! !
Go Jaguars! ! !
Go Bobcats! ! !
and
Go Bears! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment