Saturday, September 11, 2010

Stream

This weekend I have traveled to Irving, TX with my Go Gos and the Katies to be apart of STREAM. We left NAC yesterday afternoon at around 5. The day was hectic for all, but the drive went smoothly. We stopped in Athens to eat dinner....but really to get a shake! So good! Ice cream has to be one one of my favorite things on earth!
We got to MacArthur CofC at 8:30...just in time for one video and a couple of songs. And I will be honest! That is the main reason I came this weekend....the singing. I LOVE singing and praising God through songs truly touch my heart. Hallal and Ken Young led the worship service today. Wow! I know that worship is worship...but I am sorry...there is just something so special and amazing about acappella singing. Something so real and raw about only using your voice to praise God!
Last night we got to the hotel around 10:30. Showered and I went to bed!
This morning we got up, ate in the lobby, and headed to the church. Worship started at 9. Terry Rush is our speaker this weekend...he is really good. Down to earth, honest, and real. He said some things that I know were from God straight to me. . . Do not worry because there are so many possibilities through the cross. God is working even when I can't see it. I needed to hear that. I just pray that I can believe it.
One of my "other" mom's pulled me aside today, grabbed my face with both hands and told me: I love you. I love your heart. You are so beautiful and have such a beautiful heart. You are touching lives everyday. I know you are changing hearts, but I don't think you know that. I know you have missed out on a father's love growing up. I know that you are searching for love. Just know that a man will be so blessed to have such a beautiful woman as his wife, and he is coming."
It blew me away to hear it. All I could do is cry.
The questions that I have been asking myself and God for the past couple of years has been, "Where am I supposed to be? What am I supposed to be doing?" What I learned this weekend is that God is using me, right where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment