Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Mind Today

Not sure what I can really title this blog. This is more of a rambling of thoughts. I was asleep last night around 10:30...slept hard....didn't want to get up this morning at 7:45. But I did... hands hurting and all. We got to the church a little after nine. Worship this morning was awesome! Singing is some of the best I have heard in a long time. Songs just help me to pray...they always seem to say exactly what I can't.
Terry Rush this morning made a few more great points. He said that Christians go through trials, just like anyone else, but people of the world watch us to see how we handle the trials. When it says we are to take u our cross and follow Jesus, it means that we are to act as Christ acted, not just his whole life, but especially in those last few hours of his life. He forgave those around him, called out to God the whole time, and still reached out to those around him. We too should forgive those that hurt us, who talk about us, who tell us we are weak because of your beliefs. We too should call on our Heavenly Father not just when times are good, but especially when times are bad, times are lonely, times are dark . We should reach out to those when I suffer, I should be even more of an example during the hard times.
He played a video of two people riding an escalator. The escalator broke down and was no longer carrying the up to the 2nd floor. But the 2 people didn't just climb the stairs, they just stood there and called for help, for someone to come and fix the escalator. We too do that in our lives, we stay bolted down to the struggles, but we are free! We are free to carry on. We are free because of the cross, we are not tied to sin, we have no debts, we are forgiven, loved, and richly blessed.
Best points from this weekend:
*Do not worry...Wonder is here
*There are possibilities because of the cross.
*God is working even when I can't see it.
*He uses us everyday
*There is hope in the cross
*DO NOT WORRY--This is my major struggle. I am a worrier. I worry about: house work, work, health, what people think of me, where I will be in 10 years, how my past is hurting my future, what I say, what I do, how I cat, my attitude, my appearance, my family, my friends....the list goes on. I have struggled with worrying ever since my parents broke up when I was in 2nd grade. I remember my mom reading the Do Not Worry scriptures from Matthew. And when I worry about something it makes me physically ill. I believe that God loves me, that he has a plan for me, and I believe that I am more important that a flower and a bird. But I still make myself sick. How can I get passed this? I have been this way for 18 years. I tell God every morning, to day is your day. Do with me and it what you will. And by the end of the day, I have made myself sick about something.
I need a mantra...He is using me and He loves me and He has a plan for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment