Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Start of the School Year

We have started our 2010-2011 school year. My 6th year to teach....here I come. First six weeks has flown by. It is crazy to me to think that I am actually a real adult...ok, not a real adult, but close enough. But this year has started off pretty well so far. The kids have been pretty good, but it has only been 7 days of school. Don't want to jinx anything just yet. This school year has started out smoother for me than last year. I felt like a chicken with my head cut off last year at this time. I guess having my lesson plans has helped.
I love the team that I am on...I don't know if I could survive without my teaching and coaching team. I am a lucky one...I have 2 support groups!
But I am starting to see the kids that I will have to keep my eyes on, they are a little sneakier than the group from last year. But I seem to have a reputation on campus. "Don't mess with her"...I can only hope that it is true. I actual heard a kid say the other day, "Coach Farrell scares me!" I was doing the happy dance in my head. You will be glad that it was in my head....trust me, you don't want to see the happy dance.
I will be helping with the Japan students again this year. I will be traveling to the State Fair on October 15th, I have never been...kind of excited, plus I get to miss out on a day of school!
I hope the next 5 6 weeks flies by as fast as this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment