Thursday, May 6, 2010

$.10

The story of my life...just $.10 off. I finally got up the energy to go to the grocery store yesterday. Do you make a grocery list like I do...where there is only 6 or 7 things on your list and you walk out with buggy overflowing? Well that was me yesterday, my little list to get me through a week or 2. I even got one of the little buggies at Krogers to limit my spending. But that plan failed miserably. I even stopped in one of the aisles to reorganize my buggy. All things that go in the fridge or freezer in the top section, lined things up accordingly, then the lower basket was for things that need to go in the cabinet...organized that rack, lined things up nice and neat. Perfect! More room to buy more things not on my list!
So I finally get to the check out line. Waiting for what feels like an hour for a woman, who confessed she couldn't feel her fingers, to dig out her change, one coin at a time. Then it is my turn after an eternity of agony! ( I don't like waiting...you know...I am not the "p" word). I give the lady my phone # for my Kroger's discount, then I hand her my coupons, yes I use coupons, and she begins ringing away. Now remember, I have given myself a budget for the month of May. I have my grocery money in hand, watching the total go up, higher and higher. After all of that my total is: $---.30. I look in my wallet, and I have $---.20. Yes, that's right...the story of my life...almost there, but not quite. The lady thought I was joking when I said I didn't have another dime.
They had to push my grocery cart aside so I could run to my car and retrieve another dime. While everyone stared at me while I walked away without my groceries.
I think there needs to be a little more training for sackers at grocery stores. They should be taught the art of placing things in plastic sacks. In one bag he put 500 T.V. dinners and in the next sack my one box of Skinny Cow Ice Cream. Makes no sense. Then in one sack he put items that would go in the fridge...good...and package of rice. They need the worksheets we had in elementary: "which of these items does not belong". And they need to buy them the Playskool cube where you put the correct shape block into the correct shape hole. Sacking should be an art, not a job for the disorganized!
Many of you are probably wondering why any of that makes a difference, "Why does it matter which bag has what in it? Its all going to the same place." I can hear you saying it. Make fun, that's fine. But I am telling you know that it is not O.C.D....to me it is being efficient and organized. Many of my friends say that I have a problem, but I do not believe that organization, neatness, and order is a disorder, but a life of happiness. It would just make my life smoother and easier if the bags were more organized. And yes, I stood at the back of my car and re-sacked my groceries!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha. I LOVE that you resacked your groceries. Hilarious, girl.

    ReplyDelete