Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things That Make You Smile

Today I was inspired once again...this time by an East TX author who came to speak about her life, her books, but it was more so about her passion for life and writing. She told about how she is very inspired by images still or moving. She said she would journal her days, what she saw, what she did. And sometimes from those meager writings she could go back and form a story. How simple that may seem, but I, as a lover of writing, sitting down and doing can be intimidating more than difficult. I am scared of what people will think of my thoughts. Sounds kind of ridiculous when I write it...their thoughts on my thoughts.
But what an amazing job would that be? Write all day, visit different conventions, meet other authors, and get to travel to different schools speaking about something you love doing. I am jealous. I will be there one day! That is a goal of mine...to write a novel!
She really made me want to sit down and write. My wonderful & inspiring friend, Sonja, has been encouraging me to write as well....and since I have been doing this, I have been writing more and I have actually felt better on the inside since I have been blogging. I know this is really more for myself than anyone else. But I love it!
Summer is just around the bend....THANK GOODNESS! This week has been super draining, but we are almost done! ! ! 9 school days and 2-- 1/2 days! ! ! I am so stoked and so ready for this summer and all of its new adventures. I am pretty sad about not being able to go to Africa this summer, but I am so ready to do more reading, writing, photography, cooking, and researching. Things that make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment