Sunday, July 25, 2010

Live and Learn

All of my life I have been told that you live and learn. But I must be a slow learner. I just laugh at myself. But, then again, I have learned that putting your hand on a hot stove burns you, but yet I do it over and over again. Just as the burns heal and even the scar starts to fade. I walk back over to the stove, maybe it won't as bad this time, maybe it won't even affect me, I am over it. And BOOM--- I have another burn. Really? Its gonna burn you! ! ! I don't get it...I know what I want in my life and the stove isn't helping me get there. Romans 7:15-20 hits the nail on the head. "I do not understand what I do."
I just can't believe that I am 28 (almost 29 in almost 3 months) so you would think that I would have some wisdom by now. I do believe it or not. One thing that has helped me, I have finally written down my weaknesses while trying to find my strengths. People, if you haven't written down your strengths and weaknesses, you need to do it. Not so you walk away thinking what a terrible person you are, because believe me, I did that. My weakness list is longer than my strength list. But it has made me more aware of what I need to work on. It makes me listen to my words, where I am, and what I do. Now I know some of ya'll are thinking..."Really? Penni, you are a jerk, I saw you out!" And that's fine, I said my weakness list was a long one.
But, I think what makes me different from others, I will let you know straight up- I am not an angel! I mess up on a daily basis. But I am trying. Don't they say the first step in rehab is admitting you have a problem. I know I have not just one problem, but tons of them.
I wish I was different, but unfortunately, I am stuck with me. But I am working on making this hopeless case into something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment